About Me

My photo
Woodbridge, VA, United States
Politically Opinionated, Christian, Writer, Mom of 2 adult children, 3 dogs and a cat who sometimes thinks she's one of the dogs.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Writing Pet Peeves: Waxing Loquatious

May I just say that this is embarrassing? 

It would appear that I have been walking around with the proverbial spinach stuck in my literary teeth and not a single one of my several writer friends who read this blog have told me about it!  Friends don't let friends walk around with spinach in their teeth!  And they have let me walk around like this for months.  At least since the beginning of my foray into blogging and figured out a name for the blog.

Which makes me wonder: do they misspell the same words I misspell?  I think maybe they do because surely someone would have told me by now!  Or at least they should have.

V?  Allene?  Katie?  Gina?  Kurt?

Even the folks here who are not my friends who are waiting for me to say something that they can use to poke fun at my expense have not mentioned it on this or my other blog.  But that may be because they have declared a moratorium among themselves for commenting on my blog.  They have not mentioned it in their usual writing forum so I suspect that it has escaped their notice as well.

The embarrassing part is that I am my own writing pet peeve.  Yup I am fallible and I misspell words.  I can't blame this one on a typo.  I jumped right in with both feet! 

Have you figured it out yet?

I fixed it last week.  Did any of you notice?

Let me know when you do.

3 comments:

  1. Was it the name of your blog? I actually did notice it early on, because I had to look it up in a dictionary to see what the word meant. But then I thought...noooooooo, Karen wouldn't do that...There's no way she would spell a word wrong and if she did, there was a damn good reason for it. And if you say that, yes, you spelled it wrong on purpose, I'll still accept that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. That was the HUGE. GLARING. MISTAKE. And no, I definitely didn't do it on purpose. But at least I can laugh at myself. ;-) In the interest of honesty, I felt I had to own up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you definitely took it in stride. Good on ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete