About Me

My photo
Woodbridge, VA, United States
Politically Opinionated, Christian, Writer, Mom of 2 adult children, 3 dogs and a cat who sometimes thinks she's one of the dogs.

Monday, March 21, 2011

In Memorium


                    Frederic A. Morris
                   November 13, 1933
                      March 15 2011

                                 P.S.

Weep if weeping comforts you, dissolves
 The aching knot or soothes and palliates
   What anguished void may gape at my
    departure;  Make tears your healing
               balm as I would have

Had you first taken leave, shed for myself
To salve my pain; so let yours fall to heal
  Your heart, as heal it will, and I again
   Will fill the void imagined to be real;

  Shed none for me...I've lived delicious
  spring  And hearty Summer, Autumn's
redolence,  Then peaceful Winter's gentle
     quietude  All softly sweetened by
                our sharing of them
                         ~fam

I shall miss you my dear Unca Fred...

2 comments: