About Me

My photo
Woodbridge, VA, United States
Politically Opinionated, Christian, Writer, Mom of 2 adult children, 3 dogs and a cat who sometimes thinks she's one of the dogs.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

I have finally succumbed to the pressure. I have been a regular poster on World Magazine's Blog, participating in the contact sport they call blogging; however lately I have been absent from my friends at World.

I have a lot to say about a lot of things, mostly politics, religion and writing. Like most people, I have an opinion and I don't mind sharing it.

I tend to be conservative, however I have become disillusioned with the GOP and I am more likely to identify myself as an Independent these days. I'm for the Constitution the way the founding fathers intended it. I am against usurpation of power by Congress or the Executive branches of government, and I am against legislation from the bench from the Judicial branch. I am for smaller government and a balanced budget. I have to balance my household budget; so should my government. I identify with much of what the Tea Party Movement is about, and I believe that I am Taxed Enough Already by an ever-expanding government. I have been to Tea Party events, so I guess that makes me a "Right Wing Extremist" or whatever new phrase is being bandied about in an attempt to marginalize and vilify people who participate in Tea Parties. Whether you agree with my politics or not, I hope you will hear me out and honestly discuss the political topics without vitriol and rancor. I will endeavor to do the same.

I am a Christian and I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. My Christian faith informs my worldview, and that includes my politics. That must make my right wing extremism worse, but I'm learning to live with it. Christian faith is the bedrock upon which our nation was founded, and God was once welcome in the public square. Not all of what I write will mix religion and politics, but at least once a week, I will write something more devotional in nature, designed for introspection. It may be some thoughts on a topic, or it may be an exposition of a verse of Scripture with an application to today. I hope you will take the time to read and ponder with me, and maybe discuss with me the finer points of Holy Writ.

On writing, I will discuss frustrations and concerns of writers, both secular and religious. I hope to offer bits of whimsy and have the occasional guest writer blog in this space. To my writer friends, I hope you will share your creativity and inspiration and tips, tricks and tools of the trade. Share with me your writing experiences and your current projects. I will discuss trends in publishing and hopefully some success stories among my writer friends.

Here we go - I hope you will join me and have fun along the way.

1 comment: